Job description for targeting resume for Network Administrator job.
The Network Administrator job position is one that oversees the administration, management and maintenance of computer network systems and data circuits.
Common job titles include: Network Administrator, Network Administration Lead, Network Systems Administrator, Network Software Administrator.
Common Job Responsibilities for a Network Administrator Position:
- Upgrades, installs and troubleshoots networks, networking hardware devices and software
- Maintains inventory of equipment and parts as well as documentation of vendor activities
- Develops and documents system standards for computer and network devices
- Recommend and schedule repairs to the LAN/WAN
Common Skills for a Network Administrator Position:
- Handles highly confidential information/material
- Ability to communicate orally and written in a professional manner
- Prior experience supporting, implementing and/or administering networks such as Microsoft Windows Active Directory
- Works well both alone or in a team setting
- Strong analytical skills
Common Requirements for a Network Administrator Position:
- Minimum Education: Associate’s Degree in an information technology related field
- Preferred Education: Bachelor’s Degree in an information technology related field
- Preferred Certifications: Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE); Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA); Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)