The following job description outlines the general qualifications sought in an information systems or IT security resume.
An IT security analyst resume should aim to cover as many of these commonly requested qualifications.
Job Titles in this area include Information Security Analyst, IT Security Engineer-Analyst, Systems Security Analyst, Technology Security Engineer, IT Security Consultant.
Common Responsibilities for Information Security Job Description
- Solid knowledge of information security principles and practices.
- Working experience with intrusion detection systems
- Installation, configuration, monitoring and response to security system
- Understanding of advanced security protocols and standards
- Experience with software and security architectures
- Evaluate and develop approach to solutions
- Proactively assesses potential items of risk and opportunities of vulnerability in the network
- Experience with security practices of Intranet and Extranet
- Support day-to-day administration of various firewalls
Requirements for Information Security Job Position
- 3 to 5 years of experience in information technology or security
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral
- Organized, responsive and highly thorough problem solver
- Minimum Certification of Associate’s degree in Computers, Technology or related field
Technical Knowledge: UNIX, AIX, Linux, Cisco Network IDS, Cisco Host-based IDS, eTrust Access Control, ESM, and IDS. DES encryption, Digital Certificates, SSL, VPN, IPSec, TCP/IP, DNS and web security architecture, mySQL, subversion, SpamAssassin, Nmap, Nikto, Nessus, Paros