Job description for targeting resume for Director of IT job.
The Director of IT oversees and administers company platforms, technology and strategies. Identifies information system enhancements that will improve business and support future business needs.
Common job titles include: IT Director, Director of Information Technology.
Common Job Responsibilities for a Director of IT Position:
- Assists in unit testing to verify the system functions satisfy business requirements
- Participates in the review of technical designs
- Prepares project plans that outline expected tasks and activities
- Evaluates software vendors and solutions
- Develops network operations budget and ensures operations meet approved budget levels
Common Skills for a Director of IT Position:
- Excellent communication, leadership and collaboration skills
- Possesses solid project management skills
- Advanced decision making and problem solving skills
- Business acumen, knowledge and professionalism
Common Requirements for a Director of IT Position:
- Average 7-10 years prior IT experience required
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Engineering or a related field