Network Engineer Job Description
The job description below outlines the general requirements, tasks, duties and qualifications required in an Network Engineer resume.
The Network Engineer position oversees the installation, configuration and maintenance of networked information systems.
Common Job Titles include Networking Engineer, Systems Engineer, Network Analyst, Network Consultant, Systems Manager, Network Manager, Network Associate.
Common Responsibilities for Network Engineer
- Install all new hardware, systems, and software for networks.
- Install, configure, maintain network services, equipment and devices.
- Supports administration of servers and server clusters.
- Manages all system back-up and restore protocol.
- Plans and supports network and computing infrastructure.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations and associated systems.
- Documents network problems and resolution for future reference.
- Monitors system performance and implements performance tuning.
- Manage user accounts, permissions, email, anti-virus, anti-spam.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of networking essentials.
- Oversee software and network security.
- Strong analytical abilities and professional office experience needed.
Technical Skills and Requirements for Network Engineer
- Certifications: MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CNE
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar.
- Systems: Windows, Cisco Systems, UNIX, Linux, Novell
- Networking: Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, NHRP, ATM, PPP, MPLS